Senior IT Projects Consultant - Infrastructure
Are you a Senior Infrastructure Project Consultant looking for your next role? Would you like to work for a thriving organisation that works with some well-known brands? This home-based role will require monthly visits to their offices in the Kent area, as well as some visits to client sites.
This is a lead position that would see you being responsible for planning and undertaking the technology delivery of small to medium-sized projects, but also managing sections of large projects. You will be the technical escalation point and supervise the work of other Project Consultants or associated Field Engineers and have as your primary responsibility the meeting of defined technology business goals as scoped by project objectives.
· Preparing, installing and maintaining switches, firewalls, laptops, tablets and PCs
· Installing/maintaining server solutions as per the client’s needs
· Installing/configuring new backup solutions- Altaro VM Backup and Windows Server Backup
· Comprehensively updating data stored in IT Glue
· Making recommendations for changes or improvements
· Evaluating complex situations using multiple sources of information
· Able to use recognised project management methods and processes
· Ensuring customer expectations are met
· Providing clearly defined/well-documented solution designs
· Auditing of sites, new or existing
· Experience of critical and complex, typically bespoke in elements, technical project delivery and relationship management
· Record of ability to innovate to resolve major problems
· Able to get buy-in to radical solutions
· Experienced delivery agent with specific experience of delivering to clients directly
· Knowledge of HPE and Dell EMC SAN technologies, design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting
· MCSE or MCPs in at least 2 relevant technologies: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Exchange Server 2013/2016/2019, Microsoft 365 Stack, Microsoft Azure
· In-depth understanding of core Windows Server roles: Active Directory, File Services, Print Services, Remote Desktop Services
· A good understanding and experience in configuration and management of core Microsoft 365 services and hybrid integrations: Azure Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, Exchange Online, Exchange Hybrid, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint Online, InTune
· Comprehensive experience with implementation and management of Microsoft Hyper-V, both stand-alone and clustered solutions, including replication.
· Knowledge of common backup products, implementation, configuration and troubleshooting: Altaro VM Backup, Veeam Backup & replication, Symantec Backup Exec, SolarWinds Backup, Datto Backupify for Office 365, Windows Server Backup/Azure Backup
Does this sound like you? Apply now and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role in further detail.