Junior Microsoft Data Engineer
I’m looking to speak to a Junior Microsoft Data Engineer for a role with one of my clients that is going through an outstanding period of evolutions and they need someone to come in and join their growing Data Engineering and BI team.
This is a role that will allow you to use your existing skills and develop new ones through the delivery of data and insights to help drive change to all areas of the business. You’ll be playing a pivotal role in the team, by helping to continuously improve their Azure based strategic data platform, from wrangling data from D365 and other sources.
You’ll be a great fit if you already have some commercial experience in a BI, Data Analysis, a Junior Data Engineering role, or are a graduate with a computer science degree. The most important thing they’re looking for is for someone to have an unfettered interest in Microsoft technologies and have a customer orientated mindset, with a desire to grow both their technical and business experience.
· Own the development/implementation of data and reporting solutions using the latest Microsoft technologies (Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake, SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, Power BI, etc.
· Delivery of BAU processes to agreed SLA
· Undertaking root cause analysis and taking ownership of issues through to resolution
· Taking an active role in ensuring highest quality processes and data is provided
Your skills & experience:
· Strong knowledge of T-SQL including stored procedures, ideally with performance tuning understanding
· Experience of development using SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Analysis Services
· Experience meeting requirements using key aspects of the Microsoft stack
· Experience developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and/or dataset and reporting delivery in Power BI
· Understanding of modern data warehouse notions
· Monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting BI solutions
· Root cause analysis
· Interpreting and analysing data
· Analytical mindset and an automation first philosophy
· Effective and able to take ownership of executing a broad range of tasks
Does this sound like you? Apply now and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role in further detail.