2nd Line Support Engineer
I’m working with a thriving managed secure ICT services company that’s looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join them. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has an ethos of investing in its employee’s personal and professional growth.
As the successful candidate you’ll be functioning as a key member of the technical support team on-site at their Stoke-On-Trent offices, with responsibilities in also support customer requirements offsite and within Datacentres when needed. This is an exciting but demanding support position which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly.
· Service support and admin of managed service offerings, consulting with on-site support teams, delivery partners, and suppliers to resolve issues within agreed SLAs.
· Managing escalated customer problems, working closely with 1st line teams to ensure the company delivers to SLA and client expectations
· Managing internal maintenance and monitoring patching requirements across all services
· Providing initiative-taking management of customer solutions to ensure they deliver an important level of customer service
· Helping drive continual service improvement by identifying/implementing changes to customer solutions that will improve their performance and reliability
· Being part of the change control process, helping ensure we streamline simple changes and better manage complex ones
Troubleshooting the following technologies:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 to 2019
- VMware Horizon, ESXi & vSphere
- Polycom VOIP hardware
- Skype for Business
- Office 365 suite
- Active Directory
- And more…
Your skills & experience:
· Experience working within IT Support, ideally covering 2nd and some 3rd line duties
· ITIL foundation
· Able to work independently under own initiative
· Be a good communication able to relay technical issues to non-technical users
· Experience of managed service environments
· Experience of build, test, and implementation of systems, along with 3rd line operational support
Does this sound like you? Apply now and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role in further detail.