Staff Engineer Back End
I’m working with a fantastic ethical fintech organisation that’s looking for a Staff Engineer (Backend) to join them. They are an innovative organisation that is on a mission to help people sustain their wealth and do this by solving problems rather than creating boring banking products.
As a Staff Engineer you’ll be reporting to the Head of Engineering, while working within a team of highly skilled engineers.
· Be a leading influence on particular cross-cutting problem area of the organisation
· Help teams implement concepts in a consistent/fit for purpose manner
· Spend less time on pure feature output and focus more on a technical culture outside of the team
· Set up and lead the Backend Engineering Centre of Excellence
· Be a supportive/enthusiastic technical lead by advocating for best practices
Your skills & experience:
· Experience as a Senior Software Engineer
· Experience leading a team of Software Engineers
· Able to develop/mentor less experienced developers
· Experience leveraging automation, focusing on Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment
· Passion for automation tests/experience writing testable code
· Modern architectural patterns (Domain driven design and event-driven architectures)
· Backend PlatformNode.js (TypeScript)
· GraphQL, Lerna (Husky, Esbuild, Sinon, Ava, Nock and more)
· Serverless (Lambda, AWS, Event Bridge, SES, SQS, DynamoDB and more)
Interested? Apply now and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role in further detail.