Head of Product Engineering
I’m working with a thriving business that specialises in the defence and security industry, particularly in projects that have complex and demanding security requirements and they’re looking for a Head of Product Engineering to join them.
As the Head of Product Engineering you’ll be ultimately responsible for the design, delivery, and governing their technical standards and the development of new and enhancements for existing products. Working closely with the Chief Architect, CTO, and senior management to ensure a productive, inclusive, and successful work environment.
· Taking responsibility for the company technical strategy and the design, delivery and life-cycle support of complex secure capabilities
· Working with CTO, Senior Management, Industry and Chief Architect to develop a strategy for future development and road maps for current propositions including obsolescence and retirement of capabilities
· Delivering Product Engineering in line with industry standards and methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum and Waterfall)
· Supporting Sales with Client Engagements and the production of technical solutions while ensuring a common approach across architectural functions
· Managing, tracking, and reporting department costs and labour utilisation
· Supporting the process for handing projects into support
· Production of regular project reports (progress, risks, costs, budget)
· Working with internal technical leads/external partners to identify the correct solution
· Advising/supporting Chief Architect in the design, build, and testing of services and products
· Identifying key technical risks and developing mitigation and recovery plans
Your skills & experience:
· Experience leading the design and delivery of high security IT services across multiple platforms
· Expert in the Microsoft stack including Exchange, Active Directory and Azure
· Excellent experience and understanding in application architecture, infrastructure, data architecture, security and the cost implications of technical decisions
· Design and deployment of applications for cloud architectures and cloud infrastructure implementation
· AD and LDAP
· Firewalls, Routing, VLAN, Trunking, masks
· Servers, Blade Systems, Storage Area Networks, Virtualisation Technologies
· OS (Windows Server 2K8R2 & 2K12, CentOS & Linux)
· Active Directory, Messaging & Collaborative Software
Does this sound like you? Apply now and I’ll be in touch to discuss the role in further detail.